Read the Calumet Heritage Area Brand Toolkit Terms & Conditions, then fill out the form below to request access to the Calumet Heritage Area Brand Toolkit.
Brand Toolkit Request Form
Brand Toolkit Terms & Conditions
This Calumet Heritage Area Brand Toolkit Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made between you (the “Authorized User”) and The Calumet National Heritage Area Coordinating Committee (CNHA CC).
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, CNHA CC hereby grants to Authorized User the revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty free right to use the content CNHA CC has made available in the Calumet Heritage Area (CHA) Brand Toolkit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General. Where applicable, this Agreement covers only usage of the Calumet Heritage Area Brand and/or Brand + Tagline graphic image files. While a “Calumet National Heritage Area” version of the Brand / Brand + Tagline exists, it is not available for use at this time, and will only be made available if/when National designation of the Calumet Heritage Area occurs.
Restrictions. (1) Use of the Calumet Heritage Area Brand and/or any of the content in the Calumet Heritage Area Brand Toolkit may only be done for activities that are officially sanctioned or sponsored by Calumet Heritage Area and/or are aligned with the values/goals of the Calumet Heritage Area listed in Brand Etiquette below. (2) Distribution of CHA intellectual property made available through the CHA Brand Toolkit is limited to CHA volunteers who are involved in an official capacity in CHA activities and CHP or Calumet Collaborative staff. (3) Any use of the CHA Brand and/or intellectual property made available in the CHA Brand Toolkit must strictly conform to the specifications set forth in the Brand Guidelines that are distributed with the Brand Toolkit. (4) Authorized Users shall not use the CHA Brand or any intellectual property made available through the CHA Brand Toolkit in a manner that could be interpreted to confuse readers as to the source of the information, damage the reputation of CHA, Calumet Heritage Partnership or Calumet Collaborative, or impute positions or opinions of Authorized User to CNHA CC. (5) Authorized User may not use these graphics for commercial purposes including but not limited to placement on merchandise for resale without approval of the CNHA CC.
In addition, the Authorized User agrees not to use these graphics:
- In any manner that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- To impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- To intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
Brand Etiquette When Authorized Users are using the brand, ensure that the Authorized User is respecting the values and goals of the Calumet Heritage Area. These include promoting the area so
- Discover this place and come back
- Understand its rich, historic significance
- Experience its natural and environmental resources
- Participate in cultural offerings and local economies
- Be a part of its transformative future
Social Media If the Authorized User participates in social media representing the Calumet Heritage Area, please follow these guiding principles:
- Ensure that your content respects the brand and its accompanying guidelines, including logo
- usage, tone and relevant images
- Edit and make sure there are no spelling or grammatical errors when posting
- Use hashtags sparingly and wisely, so they have more meaning
- Respect copyright and credit content, when appropriate
- Post meaningful, respectful comments
Termination. CNHA CC may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to Authorized User. Upon termination, Authorized User must immediately: (i) cease all use of the CHA Brand and/or any content gathered from the CHA Brand Toolkit; and (ii) delete all originals and copies of such CHA intellectual property in his/her possession.
Representations. Authorized User represents and warrants that he/she has the necessary power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that he/she is: (i) a CHA, Calumet Heritage Partnership or Calumet Collaborative volunteer involved in an official capacity in CHA activities; or (ii) a member of the Calumet Collaborative/CNHA CC staff.
Ownership. Authorized User understands and agrees that CNHA CC and its licensors are the sole owners of all intellectual property rights in the CHA Brand Toolkit and its components. Except as provided in this Agreement, Authorized User shall not acquire any interest in the intellectual property of CNHA CC. All goodwill associated with the use of the CHA Brand and Brand Toolkit shall inure to the benefit of CHA.
CNHA CC reserves the right to update this Agreement and to establish additional policies for specific elements of the CHA Brand and Brand Toolkit at its sole discretion.